Inspiring the Average Runners

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Although in my first run I averaged nearly two marathons per day, and hold the world record for the most miles per day in an unassisted run across the country, I will probably never run a marathon.

In the time that has elapsed since my first run, I've developed an ambition to inspire those who consider themselves "average runners," as that is what I consider myself--"Average Al," if you will. Though I do have great respect and admiration for those who utilize their passion for running through marathons, triathlons and the like, I've realized that average talent can be put to great use. For example, to raise money for those in need.

That said, welcome to the Running with Al Tardy blog. Here I hope to keep you informed on the status of my 2012 run across the continent. In the process, I hope that I will inspire you to use what you may view as average talents to find great fulfillment in your own life.

Keep smiling,
Average Al

Previous Posts

Latest News