Monday, August 3, 2009
















Well since this week 31 years ago I was about to finish my San Francisco, Ca.-Northampton,Ma. run I thought I'd throw in some pictures and thoughts from then and now. What you have pictured here are First thing is there were no such things as cell phones, PCs, or blogs. When I was running I would stop at a pay phone (remember those things) and call people collect. I was calling to newspaper reporters, co-ordinators, friends, and family. But I was not able to reach into my knapsack, pull out my cell phone and call anyone from anywhere. I was flown out to San Francisco met some people who sent me on my way the next day from the Golden Gate Bridge. I was carrying a knap sack with a tent strapped to it, some STUFF (I'll explain what some other time)

Latest News