Friends New And Old

Monday, September 21, 2009








The pictures you are looking at are part of the story that goes with the race in the next entry. I wanted to have you see why I'm glad I went from running on my own for decades, after I crossed the country, to finding the wonderful world of running that's been created. Mary and I are pictured at the Sept. 19th race. Her and I have known each other for awhile, mainly meeting at the same gym. I think she said this was her first race. Because of the social race atmosphere nowadays we actually got to talk with each other instead of just saying "hi" in between machines or passing each other coming into and leaving the gym. Zack, Deb and I have known each other for a long time. They have taken up running only in the last couple years. It was really a great surprise to see them there and have a new common interest to share stories about. Life and the "things" we all experience along the way do seem to make the friends we have just that much more special. Then there are the 4 of us. From left to right Craig (who came to the 10 a.m. race having already run 11 miles), Dan, Lee (who came in 3rd overall), and myself. If 8 months ago you handed me pictures of them and asked me who they were, I couldn't have told you. Now you are seeing us meeting for the 3rd time this year at different races. All of us being single we exchange stories about running and "other things". One race day, 7 people, all different levels of running talent -AND--AND-- great new stories wrapped up in the fun of the run.

Latest News