31 Year Reunion

Wednesday, June 24, 2009









For me this is a wonderful entry into my blog. The picture on the right was taken 31 years ago when I had reached Denver, Co.. In the picture are David Morley, myself, Jack Farrar, and Millie?. It was June 14, 1978. That night I stayed with Dave, his wife Susan, and his family. One of their daughters, Tracia, had Spina Bifida. Spina Bifida Association of America was the recipient of the funds raised by my run and the efforts of the National Council of Corvette Clubs (NCCC). SBAA and the NCCC were combining efforts and covering the expenses of my run. The next morning after news media interviews, speeches, and a ceremonial send off that included some people running with me, I headed out of Denver. Most of the people I met along my journey I never revisited or even talked to again. When thoughts of my next run surfaced about a year ago, thoughts of the people I had met during my last run "raced" into my head. Through my diary and notebook from 31 years ago and some research, I have reconnected with some of them. All of the newest communication, so far, have been by telephone----except for one. Exactly 31 years to the day, June 14,2009, I revisited, for the 1st time in 31 years, David and Susan Morley at their home in Florida----the picture on the left. We spent hours filling each other in on what had happened after I left Denver. And, to make it even more special, their daughter Tricia called from Denver. What a glorious day.

Latest News