What Was I Thinking?????? OH...Now I Get It

Monday, October 11, 2010







I traveled 2 1/2 hours in my truck to go to the October 10th running of the Great Island 5k in New Castle, N.H.. I left my house at 5:30 a.m. because I like to be at least 1 1/2 hours early to the races I go to run. Being mid October at 6:30 I was only slightly over 1/3 of the way there and the sun had yet to rise. I don't question what I do in the running field very often---but---I was wondering about this decision. EVEN THE SUN WAS STILL SLEEPING.
All it took was arriving, getting out of my truck and looking around at the beautiful setting. I immediately knew I was glad I had come. And meeting the people you will see in the 3 entries after this one will show you why you should have been there, too .
1339 people, besides me, came to enjoy the day and I'm sure we were all glad we had made the right choice. What a great way to get away for the day.
Check out these pictures, read these stories, and experience this race. Then place for yourself here next year.


Latest News