Birthday Miles And Carbs

Monday, December 21, 2009

In case you wonder what someone who is training to run across the continent does on his birthday--here's the scoop. Since my birthday is in December the weather plays a bit of a factor in my running plans on my birthday.

I normally run the distance of a marathon just to prove to myself I still can. This year I bent my own rules a bit. I ran a minimum of a half marathon for 3 days in a row with 14.8 on my actual birthday. Total for the 3 days was 40.3 and included a local road race. The main reason I stopped, due to the weather, many of the miles were on treadmills and cross trainers so it became really boring.

Of course on my birthday I also made sure I had sufficient carbs in my system and tipped a couple glass fulls of them with friends. Just happened to have the camera in the jeep so I got a picture from the evening. Chris, Mickey and Trevor are here with me to make sure my mission was accomplished.

Latest News